14 Fascinating Statistics That Make the Case for Using Visual Content in Your Marketing
1) 90% of information transmitted to the brain is visual, and visuals are processed 60,000X faster in the brain than text.
2) 40% of people will respond better to visual information than plain text.
3) Publishers who use infographics grow in traffic an average of 12% more than those who don't.
4) Posts with videos attract 3 times more inbound links than plain text posts.
5) Visual content drives engagement. In fact, just one month after the introduction of Facebook timeline for brands, visual content -- photos and videos -- saw a 65% increase in engagement.
6) On Facebook, photos perform best for likes, comments, and shares as compared to text, video, and links.
7) 85% of the US internet audience watches videos online.
8) Over 60 hours of videos are uploaded each minute on YouTube.com.
9) 700 YouTube videos are shared on Twitter every minute.
10) Viewers spend 100% more time on pages with videos on them.
11) Mobile video viewing increased 35% from 2010 to 2011.
12) 25 million smartphone users stream 4 hours of mobile video per month. 75% of smartphone users watch videos on their phones, 26% of whom use video at least once a day.
13) Mobile video subscription is expected to hit $16 billion in revenue by 2014, with over 500 million subscribers.
14) Viewers are 85% more likely to purchase a product after watching a product video.